[PCB_FORUM] UNIX vs PC Workstation

  • From: "Steve.J Miller" <Steve.J.Miller@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:28:08 -0400

I just joined the list, so this topic may have already been covered.
We are currently running on UNIX servers.  They are going to replace them soon.
 Cost wise between a UNIX server and a PC workstation it is pretty much even.
My supervisor wants to know if switching to the PC workstation version would be
beneficial.  We only have 3 board designers.  The engineers rlog in to the
servers to use Concept.  We have 8-10 engineers that use Concept though only a
few at any given time.
Any thoughts or opinions.

Thank you.

Steve Miller