[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.11 dev 5

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 23:28:19 -0500

I don't get it. I am not trying to be obtuse, I am not sure I follow what the
problem is.
I mean, My first thought for a map in space would be to have space as a terrain.
My palnets and the like would have thier own terrain. Give terrain limits on
each one, and your ships don't go on land, your ground guys don't go on space.

If you want a ship on land, then create a land skill, where it gives the ship a
flying flag for a duration.
It would be nice to turn passive on and off. That way it could be on or off as
the person needs it.

Maybe a landing site could be ont he various planets and moons. Make it a
terrain and add it tot he terrain limits. Doesn't it take a comma seperated
number of terrains? Maybe I am wrong at that. If it does, then I would  make
that landing site one territory that both ground and ships can  be on.

But, I agree, there should be a block flying flag for those situations someone
wants to use that. Come to think of it, when you mention tunnels, I am
realizeing that  a flying critter could easily pass "over" dungeon mountain or
stone walls, when it was supposed to be underground and impassable in that way.
Burrowing would be the  flag for something like that, lol.

so, yeah, I think you hit on a situation where flying is  needed to be blocked!

anyway, good luck on that, grin.

I just checked, terrain limits does accept comma seperated terrains. That
should be really helpful I think.

al

Does that sound workable?