[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.11 dev 4

  • From: "Carlos Macintosh" <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 23:41:33 -0500

Hmm, I think I will keep my current map series where you can see everything. I would need to create a new series which would have a greater focus on exploration as compared to combat for it to be beneficial in my opinion.

Hey Ian, another feature request, a command to view effects a unit is affected by along with the effect description. Most of them are pretty easy, but, for example, the hypnotize effect in my Redwall map isn't all that obvious unless you attempt to go beyond your AP limit. Perhaps f9 could list or toggle through all the effects on the unit currently focussed, whether it's friendly or enemy, and read off the description? As it is, descriptions for effects attached to units are nigh on useless, so I don't even really type them in. I usually type in some random thing to get it over with.

Oh, by the way, question for all of you who have played my Redwall or Tomb Robber series. Do you use the f5 and f6 keys at all? If so, is the information you get from those keys, as well as the skill info you get swhen using f4 on a skill, useful? If not, how could I make it useful? I ask this question because if people use them and get their needed information out of them, I might do away with all the skill and effect and terrain descriptions in the user guide. THen I could spend more time in the guide talking about maps, or game tips, or whatever, instead of dry mechanics.