[ian-reeds-games] tomb robber vampire level

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 00:59:54 -0500

Hi Carlos,
I think this is the best map in the series so far. Well laid out, very well
balanced. It is just a great map.

I died the first time  so I am going to give it another wack.

Ok,t he things I liked...
The intro was hilarious!! I loved it.
Great sounds, the sonic vamps and the bitting attacks are just weirding me out.

Diffrent vamp types was a stroke of brilliance. I really wasn't expecting that.

The end fight was one hell of a humdingger as they say. whose "they"? I don't
know, but they say it and who am I to say otherwise, grin.

Some things  I wanted to mention...
Int he minipistol info, you list the range as 3, when the range  of the gun is
2. One or the other needs fixing ont hat account.
I ended the game useing up all my food, but I had 3 food left for some reason.
If the food is eaten in multiples of five, it shouldn't  be any left over, or
at least, that is how I would think of it. I did have food stolen by a vamp,
so maybe that is what happened. I needed every bit of that food...or should I
say bite? grin.

This is also for Ian...I accidently hit reload for my gun twice. I lost like 10
or 20 bullets in that one. I think that is more of a game problem though. If a
point value requires no  restoration, then the skill should say so and not
expend itself, unless it has other benifits added to it, like a cure poison
that heals both damage and dispels poison effects.

The game did start with an error about vampiric touch, but I think you
mentioned this in a previous letter. It said something about expecting a number
value?

 The wait for the computer turn to finish was just on this side of bearable,
again, that is a simple technology issue, not a fault of your own, just as I
told Craig. It isn't a dig at Ian either, it is one of those things that we got
to learn the threshhold of, and Carlos, I think you hit it. It was just enough
to not make me want to quit, and long enough to get the maximum bad guys. This
is one of those maps I want to reference when I do similar tactics.

The boss fight was epic...but I did get freddie killed. I saw my target in
sight, and decided to give it a heroic surge of stupidity, and then got my
treasure robbing butt handed to me on a silver platter, lol.

I think that is everything . This was a great map...and if tradition holds
true, we might be seeing some other supernatural monsters on the horizon!

Excellent Work Carlos!