[huskerlug] Re: A SuSE founder returns

  • From: GreyGeek <jkreps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:07:33 -0600

Patrick wrote: I see
Distrowatch thinks either PClinuxOS or Mepis won't be gone in 2007.  huh?
"Won't be gone in 2007" ??
1. you have, upon install of pclinuxos, the repository of 5500 programs, and
my first move after an install ts to go to the synaptic (looks like a Rubiks
Cube) and let it update. Then, I restart the session. Huge amount of
updates.2. the PClinuxOS -p93 repository is now in stasis, as the
PCLinuxOS-p94 is developed, since November. Sorry 'bout that. Texstar has a
small, but, unique, development team, including a kernel developer! Texstar
was an applications developer for Mandriva. I do believe that PCLinuxOS-p94
will blow you away, and anyone who thinks "3d", will be pleased &surprised!
PCLinuxOS is currently the only distro that could lure me away from MEPIS.
It has the best system  maintenance apps of any distro.
However  it is based on RPMs and it has "ONLY" 5500 files in its repository.

[snip]
There is no 'compatibility' in the lexicon of M$, only new ways to commit
felony theft. Did you note that in October 2006, the DOJ rescinded Microsoft
Corporation's probation, and, for continued VIOLATIONS of law, imposed a NEW
three year probation!? I didn't see that.  Do you have a URL?
--
GreyGeek