[openbeos] Re: ppp_server backround app or registrar add-on?

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:32:56 +0100

> > > If the deskbar replicant is only there when the connection is
> > > there,
> > > too, there would be no need for an additional permanent background
> > > app.
> > > IOW the cause contradicts the consequence.
> > The deskbar replicant is there all the time - it provides an easy
> > right
> > -click menu to dial up the connection.
>
> Oh, then the cause was just formulated incorrectly :-)
> But anyway, a Deskbar replicant can act on its own, there would be no
> need for a separate application for that reason.

But what will add this deskbar replicant? And I actually planned to have a
replicant per connection (if you have two connections: one to your work's
Intranet with a special netmask and one default connection to the general
internet, for example). If you enable the dial-on-demand option there is no
need for having a replicant in the deskbar.
As the whole PPP stack is working inside the kernel I cannot contact the
Deskbar to add a replicant. Also, I would like to have the ability to recognize
connections that are created inside the kernel.

Bye,
Waldemar