[openbeos] ppp_server backround app or registrar add-on?

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOS" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:45:09 +0100

Hi,
to add full support for dial-on-demand and a dialing prompt for PPP I need some
background process that watches for connecting PPP interfaces, opens a dialog
when connecting (prompting for the password and username, etc.), and then adds
a deskbar replicant that shows connection infos. Later this should be used for
creating a server that watches for incoming connections and routes the
authentication and IP-assigning process to add-ons.
May I add a new background app (ppp_server) or shall I somehow integrate this
app into the registrar (maybe by adding registrar add-ons support)?

Bye,
Waldemar