[openbeos] Re: Site Audit

  • From: "Cyan" <cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:45:51 +0100 BST

> *The point is, I'd like to salvage as much BeOS software as
> possible. I'd like to ask the community to contribute any missing
> files (that I'm sure they have on CDs in their basements) my way,
> so I can fill the missing gaps.
> I've tried to keep a record (sometimes GoogleDocs crashed on me)
> of the missing files, and for the most part, should be pretty
> complete. You can view the documents here (in XLS, ODF): *

I have a moderately large collection of old BeOS software (back to
about 1999), but I don't know of any BeOS apps which can view XLS
or ODF files (Gobe Productive doesn't seem to import either).
Do you have the list available in a more universal format?

Alternatively I could put the entire collection on my Web server,
so you can try requesting the files by name -- I think they mostly
have their original BeBits filenames. That'd be easier than
cross-referencing a large document.

What's the policy on drivers, codecs and patches (which in some
cases may never be compatible with Haiku)?