[openbeos] Re: Site Audit

  • From: Schrijvers Luc <Begasus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:41:51 +0200

On za, 2008-10-11 at 13:56 -0400, Karl vom Dorff wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Oliver Ruiz Dorantes
> <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         Amazing work Karl,
>

>         I am sure many of us had this idea in mind. In fact I worked
>         in some zoho formularies which people could submit wanted
>         applications and other could post something like a url mirror.
>         To "save" the application. Maybe this can be added in
>         Haikuware somehow Karl?
>

> Not sure I understand what you mean... I want to try to get away from
> people submitting their own mirrors and links to files. If everything
> is all in one place, even if it goes down, it would be a lot easier to
> retrieve than if files are scattered all over the web.
>
>         Some Comments:
>
>         - I hope in your SPIDER-WEB manual job you also retrieved all
>         possible sources. Even if the app is zeta only or is old, the
>         application can be ported and updated somewhere in time.
>

> I didn't. I didn't download or add Zeta apps because Zeta is dead.

I can't get it why you have to remove the ZETA apps? ZETA dead ... you
are right there ... it has no future and is not developped ... but that
goes for R5 too, are you removing R5 downloads also then?
Your reasons for not adding them don't add up ...

Another thing I'm having a bit of a problem with is the fact that you
host files on haikuware that are activaly being maintained/ported by
others, you are using screenshots that you copy'd from the original
place etc.

Don't get me wrong .. the idea behind it all is a good one .. but you
should've asked around a bit 'before' you added BeBits contents over.
Some of the ports are even older on haikuware then the actual release at
the moment on BeBits and the original port (freeciv for one).