[haiku] Re: Proposals for the LocaleKit

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:39:07 +0100

Travis D. Reed "Travis D. Reed" <tdreed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> regex
> How to handle this is a problem for ICU, too,
> because you have to expose translators to this.
> > This will need to be sufficiently complex enough

Can one assume we need to approximate a turing-complete
string-composition scriplet language, to offer to translators
of these tougher cases?

Can we make one that is fast, simple to use, easy to learn
and yet very powerful?

I'm thinking one can sandbox the complexity of each tough
language by leaving that language to describe its complexity
in such scriplets, per catalog entry, avoiding to expose
everyone (translators and developers) to the combined complexity
of all translation targets.

Or maybe the morning coffee didn't take at all.

/Jonas.