[haiku] Re: Proposals for the LocaleKit

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 21:18:47 -0500

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am I correct that the Haiku UI is currently not designed for variable text
> lengths?  In other words, longer translations will overlap the bounderies or
> mess up the flow.

Not quite, there are APIs for automated layout now, but they're
new/experimental (i.e. didn't exist in BeOS), so they're not used
everywhere just yet. If you curious, see the Layout classes in
src/kits/interface. The UI change from months ago that you're probably
thinking of was mainly a visual refresh in terms of the theme, and
didn't have anything to do with layouting issues like this.

Regards,

Rene