[haiku] Re: Proposals for the LocaleKit

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:04:38 +0100

Le Sun, 07 Feb 2010 04:21:35 +0100, Travis D. Reed <tdreed@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

Good points...As a "casual programmer," I'm more than willing to get
involved in this way. I think I'm looking for suggestions from the
"not-so-casual programmers" on how best to repair the deficient <<
notations.

kirilla has suggested a structure like so:

BString message = "There are %d of %d files left to copy";

message.ReplaceFirst("%d", left).ReplaceFirst("%d", total);

Your thoughts?

A) it would be nice if contributors to hta could mark strings as "unuseable" so we can esaily point the problems. B) as for the replacement, what if the translation wants "total" to be displayed before "left" ? It won't solve our problem. What makes printf() useable is the possibility to replace the %d with %1d or %2d. As long as this works, I'm ok :)

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx