[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Applications

  • From: Tony Piselli <tpiselli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 07:37:30 -0500

BeIDE
====

I don't know what to do about this - discussions welcome!
Doesn't this depend on what tool chain is being used for OBOS? Right now is what, gcc, which are command line tools. You can edit files with any editor you find comfortable. If OBOS reaches it binary compatibility goals then things like Pe will also be available. The IDE is good for allowing you to visually set up your compiler and linker options and for organizing files into projects, but not much more. I don't remember GUI builder tools included with BeIDE. However, there are a few on BeBits in various stages of completion. However, my guess is that we will be using gcc and make/Jam for quite some time.

On another note, if a PPC port is attempted by the few remaining lost souls, I think will will have to switch tools chains as I don't believe we'll be able to use, or want to use PEF. Just some old school thinking.

Tony