[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Applications

  • From: "Gabe" <gabe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:42:29 -0600

You make good points ... but I think what I was trying to say was a bit
misinterpreted (my fault, I'm lousy at saying things)
I think there should be a good middle ground.
It shouldn't be too simple so that there's little reason for a number of
people to use it, just as it shouldn't be so complex that it keeps regular
people from using it.

Going on your Word and Notepad example ...  there's a middle ground there.
Wordpad does plain text (and doesn't choke on CRs at 80chars like Notepad
will), Rich Text, and has some basic MS Word support without cluttering
everything up with spellcheckers, auto formatting, text converters, etc...
that's where applications should be.

It's the same thing as not using a text browser like lynx for everyday
browsing or using a web browser/html editor/mail composer/instant
messenger/home appliance either.