[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Applications

  • From: "Steve Vallee" <svallee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:23:13 -0800

I'm an heavy Windows user, but even with all the power of MS-Word, I still
need very often NotePad.  I hate the full Outlook, because I only need the
Outlook Express for my needs.

I think we have to be careful before under-estimating "Lite" versions of
softwares.  I liked Poorman & RobinHood because I needed nothing more. And I
knew that if I wished to push a bigger server solution, I would has to go
for Apache.

Same thing for Net+.  Having a full-featured browser is cool, but I REALLY
don't want to load, say, Mozilla, each time I want to read an html help
files in the BeBook ... no way !

- Steve