[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Applications

  • From: Sikosis <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:00:10

>> Apache is the industry standard -- after all 69% of all active web sites
>> use it.
>
>And Win9x right now is the home Desktop standard. Your point? ;)

My point being -- why waste time working on something which already works.
Sure you want a light-weight webserver, then the same thing could be said
about Net+.

This is probably a GE discussion anyway.

>I'm not saying don't ship Apache or anything, but it definately shouldn't be
>part of the default install in the same way that PoorMan is on BeOS 5. It's
>a bit of a ram hog, takes a while to learn how to configure, and is far too

It's easy to configure and it's the same configuration file whether it be
on *nix or Win32 or BeOS.

>RobinHood has a clean Beish interface, and works in a nice Be-ey way. From
>what I understand, Apache has legacies running back to virtually the first
>HTTPD server, especially in the config way.

btw -- I was never able to get PHP nor Perl working with Robinhood, it's
configuration files were just too weird.