[haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

  • From: Chris Peel <chris.gsi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:45:15 +0100

On 2009-07-27 at 14:48:10 [+0200], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
http://ryanleavengood.com/haiku/midi_server_icon.html

This looks like an app icon - is Haiku sticking with the BeOS
tradition
of using <something_on_a_hand> to represent a server? If so, would
it
make sense to use the hand icon here?

Just look at the existing server icons and you can answer this question
yourself.

Well nobody finished my hand icon anyway, so... :P

IIRC, the BlueTooth server actually has a hand that is very close to the
BeOS version. But I am not convinced we need the distinction in those
icons. Last time I talked to zuMi, he was also pro not having the hands.

Best regards,
-Stephan

The hand serving something was always part of the BeOS experience for me :P

Yeah, +1 to that - was a nice distinction between 'oh, this is an app' and 'oh, this is part of the o/s'

--
- Dustin L. Howett