[haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

  • From: Will Starck <wjs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 21:11:38 -0500

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
So I've been wanting to create some icons for a while. This is my
first attempt at something that I think is pretty decent ;)

Though my girlfriend didn't quite get it, so maybe it isn't so great.

Anyhow, since the icon for DiskUsage was the same as DriveSetup, I
created a new one. It borrows the disk icon from DriveSetup but
changes the "inside" of the icon. Please take a look and let me know
what you think:

http://ryanleavengood.com/haiku/DiskUsage_icon.html

If no one thinks it is horrible I'll commit it to SVN.

For those who don't like it (and even for those who do) suggestions
are welcome. I know the ticks on the side may not be obvious at
first...

Nice, I like it very much.

My comments:

I'd like to see increments of 1/4, it might make it more obvious?

The ticks kinda look menacing, like a meat grinder lol. Maybe a slightly different shape or color.

Cheers,

Will