[haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

  • From: "Will Starck" <wjs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:18:10 -0500

---Original Message-----
From: haiku-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:haiku-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Axel Dörfler
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:25 AM
To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > http://ryanleavengood.com/haiku/DiskUsage_icon.html
> >
> > If no one thinks it is horrible I'll commit it to SVN.
> >
> > For those who don't like it (and even for those who do) suggestions
> > are
> > welcome. I know the ticks on the side may not be obvious at
> > first...
> Nice! I like the second version with the scale. As for the green
> insides,
> because of the perspective, the disk looks full to me. If that wasn't
> your
> intention, I think one could fix that by applying the shadows a
> little
> different.

Good job, the ruler/scale is dead on. Maybe color it more like the original
spikes, the contrast is nicer ;)

Also, is it possible to have variations in shade or bands of color as the disk
gets fuller? This might solve the perspective problem. So, you could start off
with the current shade of green at 1/4 full, transitioning to a lighter color
of green at half full, moving to amber at 3/4 and red approaching full.

Just some random thoughts, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Will