[haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:25:17 +0200 CEST

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > http://ryanleavengood.com/haiku/DiskUsage_icon.html
> >
> > If no one thinks it is horrible I'll commit it to SVN.
> >
> > For those who don't like it (and even for those who do) suggestions
> > are
> > welcome. I know the ticks on the side may not be obvious at
> > first...
> Nice! I like the second version with the scale. As for the green
> insides,
> because of the perspective, the disk looks full to me. If that wasn't
> your
> intention, I think one could fix that by applying the shadows a
> little
> different.

Indeed, I even didn't get it before you mentioned that - I thought it
was some kind of flexible substance (I'll try not to make any
Ghostbusters references here), and wondered why the ruler didn't stand
in it (like a tide height marker) :-)

In any way, I think that could be indeed easily improved, and I like
the icon in general.

Bye,
   Axel.