[haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

  • From: Alex <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:09:52 -0500

>On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:55:33 -0400, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Humdinger<humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Having the ruler standing upright isn't a bad idea!
>
> Well I've updated the icon using this idea, as well as using a yellow
> to red gradient on the ruler:
>
> http://ryanleavengood.com/haiku/DiskUsage_icon.html

The ruler standing up-one is definitely the best one so far, it is unique
yet highly usable (just like Haiku ;))

Maybe it could be reversed? (space free vs space used) When the Liquid
level rises in the drive,
the brighter red/yellow colors will become covered by the liquid conveying
the disk usage nicely at a glance.
(red/yellow will be more visible color when space is low and the eye draws
to it.)

On the needle gauge one, the little black needle line will be impossible to
see at medium/smaller sizes and looks amateurish. (sorry)

Thanks!
--Alex von Gluck