[haiku] Re: New DiskUsage icon...opinions wanted.

  • From: Chris Peel <chris.gsi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 18:06:30 +0100

On 9 Jul 2009, at 5:48PM, Ryan Leavengood wrote:

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Urias McCullough<umccullough@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Maybe it would be better to replace DriveSetup with an icon showing
the disk being chopped up by a meat cleaver :D

<snip>

Considering these concepts, I am starting to wonder whether my
approach of modifying the standard drive icon for DiskUsage is a good
idea. All of my icon revisions so far still can look quite a bit like
the DriveSetup icon at 16x16. There is some color difference but the
shape is very close (even with the vertical ruler poking out the top
some.)

Meandering slightly off-topic here but does anyone still _use_ 16x16 icons? Certainly my Leopard desktop is set to 64x64 (I run at 1680x1050) and my Finder icons are either 96x96 or 24x24 depending on what view setting I'm using. Is support of 16x16 icons a legacy thing now?

<snip>
--
Regards,
Ryan