[haiku-web] Re: Trac migration to AccountManager

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:28:39 -0700

First of all, thanks Axel for the candidness of your reply. :)

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 12:36 +0200, Axel Dörfler wrote:
> Well, as Niels points out: this is what open source is about. I can't
> force you to do anything, I can just express that I don't like the
> proposed solution (albeit late). I'm obviously someone who cares about
> the details, otherwise I probably wouldn't care about doing Haiku at
> all.
> Anyway, if I don't like what you guys come up with it's most of all my
> problem, not yours - all I can do to change that (besides whining/
> complaining) would be to join your forces, and work on it myself -
> which I hereby offer to do.

I also offer myself to help in whatever I can. I am not a developer, so
there is probably not much that I can do at this stage. But since I am
quite intimate with our Drupal installation, so if a new login system is
integrated, then I could help with testing, as well as documenting the
changes for end users and announcing them (when the time comes).

> I like Niels' suggestion of the account.haiku-os.org better than having
> two separate databases that synchronize each other periodically. We
> still should have a backup database that is used (read-only, probably)
> whenever account.haiku-os.org is not reachable, though.
>
> I also agree with Niels that we should first continue with the
> migration to the new server, and make that independent from the work
> towards a shared single account for all haiku-os.org services.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Cheers,

Koki