[haiku-web] Re: Trac migration to AccountManager

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:28:04 -0700

On 09/04/2008, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually, we already have this repository, it his hidden somewhere in
>  our website. I don't know whether we should look into making these
>  things available to a wider audience, but I don't see any immediate
>  advantages.

I assume you're referring to repos.haiku-os.org (which used to support
anonymous access, but no longer does it seems).

This wasn't really much of a secret - Waldemar had set that up and had
let several people know it was there in case anyone needed to work on
Trac in the future.

Since Trac is OSS - I don't see what the issue would be, unless you're
worried that any customizations that have been made to Haiku's Trac
require further obscurity in order to remain secure ... probably not
the best strategy :)

Now, certainly commit/admin access to the repo should be limited to
only a few trusted developers.