[haiku-web] Re: Trac migration to AccountManager

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:21:13 -0700

On 07/04/2008, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I think the advantages and disadvantages of both systems are known.
>  Personally, I am inclined to go for the second one, because for
>  security reasons, it would be better not to share the login
>  information between the two systems. Next to that, as Jorge argued,
>  uncoupling the systems will increase reliability through decreased
>  dependency.
>
>  Anyway, I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

I don't mind either way. It seems like the strategy that is easier to
maintain makes the most sense at this point given the resources
currently available.

I *do* believe that before anything actually is changed that an email
is sent to the haiku-development and/or primary mailing list to let
everyone know what will change and what to expect (the email with a
new password). This will give people a heads up and prevent a flurry
of crazy messages complaining about login failures.

Will separating the logins also require everyone to delete their cookies?

- Urias