[haiku-web] Re: Trac migration to AccountManager

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:16:08 +0200 CEST

Hi Niels,

"Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Nevertheless, both options remain open.
> > Okay, if that is just supposed to be a temporary solution, I'm
> > perfectly fine with it, too. I'm looking forward to move to the ICS
> > server.
> Well, it is not intended to be temporary as in that we are planning
> replace it later on. Rather, it is temporary as in temporary until it
> breaks. Nevertheless, separating both accounts has the major
> advantage
> that it makes Trac self-contained, and that I am no longer necessary
> to perform migrations.

Not sure if I understand what you're saying, but in the long run, if we
intend to keep our user databases separate, we definitely should have
some mechanism to synchronize them automatically from time to time.

> > I hope we have a some kind of repository where those custom stuff
> > is
> > going to be put in?
> Actually, we already have this repository, it his hidden somewhere in
> our website. I don't know whether we should look into making these
> things available to a wider audience, but I don't see any immediate
> advantages.

It doesn't have to be a wider audience - there just needs to be a
repository everyone on this list knows about and can work with :-)

Bye,
   Axel.