[haiku-web] Re: Replacing Gallery 2 [was Quick Intro]

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:50:13 -0800

Howdy,

Serpentor wrote:
Yes, I worked with Drupal for a couple of months during the late 1.x and early 2.x days. The CMS is pretty powerful and the community was pretty helpful as well but when they moved from 1.x to 2 they broke a lot of backwards compatibility and the develops said "we develop it so we can break compatibility if we want and we probably will from x.0 to x.0 release." That rubbed me the wrong way so I dropped Drupal and looked at other CMS's like Joomla and XOOPS. I haven't worked with them too much and the website I deal with on a daily basis I built from the ground up. It isn't very powerful but it gets the job done where I work.

I have used XOOPS quite extensively in the past. It's quite good, but not as flexible as Drupal. Drupal is very flexible, has a lot of modules and a very active community (XOOPS was kind of slow last time I checked). Given the amount of legacy content that we have, I would prefer if we stayed with Drupal.

Cheers,

Koki