[haiku-web] Re: Replacing Gallery 2 [was Quick Intro]

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:40:44 -0800

Hi Serpentor,

Serpentor wrote:
How far away are we from moving to Drupal 5.x and how far away are we from having all the phots in the Picasa gallery?

The migration to Drupal 5.x may take a little while, as it's not going to be a straight upgrade. We will have to replace some modules that have been discontinued, and also see how we migrate the custom content types that we created for the website.

The photos and screenshots have already been moved to the Picasa web gallery, so we could drop the Gallery module and use that instead if we wanted to. As a side effect, we would have to live w/o the website integration for a while, unless somebody finds a way to integrate the gallery into Drupal 4.7.

Would it be a better use of energy to help get the Haiku site to Drupal 5.x? Once there, then the Picasa module issue is fixed and maybe even other issues we are having with Drupal 4.7.

That may be the smarter way to go, yes. Are you familiar with Drupal?

Cheers,

Koki

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Howdy Serpentor,

    Serpentor wrote:
     > Yes, I would like to help out with the Haiku Website in any way
    that I
     > can.

    We need to get rid of the Gallery 2 module for Drupal that we use for
    the website, as it is a resources hog. In preparation, I have started
    moving the existing photos and screenshots to a Haiku Picasa gallery at
    the following URL:

    http://picasaweb.google.com/haiku.inc

    Do you (or anyone else on this list) have any ideas on how we can
    integrate these galleries into the Haiku website? There is a Picasa
    module, but it is for Drupal 5.x and we are at version 4.7 (planning to
    upgrade, but still not there). Would it be possible to take the code of
    the 5.x module and modify it so that it works with Drupal 4.7?

    Any ideas that can be transformed into actual action?

    Cheers,

    Koki

     > I would also like to help spread the word about Haiku and even
     > help generate funds for Haiku Inc if there is a way to do that!

    That's another topic not appropriate for this list. Perhaps we can take
    this discussion to the main Haiku list.

    Cheers,

    Koki
    <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx>

    <mailto:serpentor013@xxxxxxxxx>
    <mailto:serpentor013@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

     >         Hi Everybody!
     >
     >         Just dropping the list a line to let you know that I am
    here.  I
     >         have been with BeOS/Haiku for quite a while now, helping out
     >         here and there.  Koki suggested I subscribe to this list and
     >         help out as much as I can.
     >
     >         Here's to helping!
     >         Serpentor
     >

     >     --