[haiku-web] Re: Replacing Gallery 2 [was Quick Intro]

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:41:23 -0800

Remi Grumeau wrote:
All images (thumbs and pictures) are loaded from the picasa server so
ican took time.

FWIW, speed is perfectly OK here.

Well... we can copy the thumbs on Haiku, and make a teston the name
with a filexists($var['thumb']) and if not, load it from picasa... but
the first shot would be to integrate the existing solution in a drupal
page... which i'm not so able to do since i have no knowledge in the
drupal process (i saw the code of the index.php and see that a
function is called to show all the content : /

I would need some assistance on that point...

I will try to give it a shot. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Cheers,

Koki

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/03/2008, Remi Grumeau <remi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Hummm... i do not resize them, but just src them as the XML feed send
 >  them to me... afair.
 >  But if a resize is needed, no prob.

 I noticed they took a relatively long time to load just the
 "thumbnails" - is there any way to have it pull a smaller image
 (scaled by the server) from picasa for thumbs?