[haiku-web] Replacing Gallery 2 [was Quick Intro]

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:11:21 -0800

Howdy Serpentor,

Serpentor wrote:
Yes, I would like to help out with the Haiku Website in any way that I can.

We need to get rid of the Gallery 2 module for Drupal that we use for the website, as it is a resources hog. In preparation, I have started moving the existing photos and screenshots to a Haiku Picasa gallery at the following URL:

http://picasaweb.google.com/haiku.inc

Do you (or anyone else on this list) have any ideas on how we can integrate these galleries into the Haiku website? There is a Picasa module, but it is for Drupal 5.x and we are at version 4.7 (planning to upgrade, but still not there). Would it be possible to take the code of the 5.x module and modify it so that it works with Drupal 4.7?

Any ideas that can be transformed into actual action?

Cheers,

Koki

I would also like to help spread the word about Haiku and even help generate funds for Haiku Inc if there is a way to do that!

That's another topic not appropriate for this list. Perhaps we can take this discussion to the main Haiku list.

Cheers,

Koki
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Remi Grumeau <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Be welcome Serpentor !
    And thanks for all you will/can do for the Haiku community :-)

    Remi

    On Feb 13, 2008 7:47 PM, Serpentor <serpentor013@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:serpentor013@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hi Everybody!

        Just dropping the list a line to let you know that I am here.  I
        have been with BeOS/Haiku for quite a while now, helping out
        here and there.  Koki suggested I subscribe to this list and
        help out as much as I can.

        Here's to helping!
        Serpentor

-- Rémi Grumeau