[haiku-web] Re: Fwd: [General] Add Comunity Project

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:48:19 -0700

Howdy,

Dennis d'Entremont wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Remi Grumeau <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Don't think i have enough permissions on the website
>     administration too.
>     Only edit permissions to the test website afair.
>

> I know that there are some who have the right permissions so I'm sure
> someone will do it eventually.

I have been hearing from the grapevine ( :P ) that more people should be
able to edit content on the website, and I think that's a good idea.

Our website may not be a wiki, but there is no technical reason not to
grant more people editing right, so that this sort of simple changes can
be handled more swiftly. In fact, permissions are very fine-grained, and
editing rights can be assigned on a role and content type basis.

But if you want to be on the safe side, you can always enforce revisions
and add the diff module...

http://drupal.org/project/diff

...so that changes can be easily reviewed and reverted if needed.

Adding this capability to the current installation is extremely easy and
should not take more than 5 minutes.

Cheers,

Jorge