[haiku-web] Re: Fwd: [General] Add Comunity Project

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:16:54 -0300

<snip>

> That is probably because it is my personal desire to see a fully
> collaborative, anyone-can-contribute (even anonymously), location for
> tutorials, how-to's, and other communited-contributed content.

I never thought of it this way until just now. This, IMO, is not such a bad
option. There's lots of people out there who would probably contribute small
tidbits here and there to a wiki style environment that didn't require
becoming heavily involved in the community. I think these small tidbits
could add up to be quite a bit of useful information.

I don't necessarily agree with the anonymous part (I think everyone should
at least have to register) but it's easier to get people to register on the
site and have almost immediate access to contribute then it is to sign up to
the mailing lists, learn the etiquette, and then throw in a word here or
there and wait for someone to update the site.

The easier we can make it to share and get information about Haiku the more
likely people are to contribute, use and develop for it (IMHO).

> Clearly my impressions are mostly flawed, so I suppose I should just shut
> up :)
>
> The only other thing I will say is that Drupal may have hundreds of
> modules that make it behave like anything else out there - but when it
> comes down to it, that *is* reinventing wheels, and feels clumsy to
> me. Drupal's core functionality is *very* good, and I really do like
> Drupal, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily the best tool for
> every job :)

I tend to agree with this train of thought to a certain extent.

<snip>