[haiku-inc] Re: Updating the donat-o-meter...

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:17:40 +0200

On 10/01/2014 12:40 AM, Karl vom Dorff wrote:
On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM, luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    > Fact is,
    > they have worked in the past and continue to do so.

    That seems to be more of a disputed claim than an established fact.

Again, refer to Haiku Inc's homepage. If it's the case, that the
bounties accomplished nothing, have that supportive statement removed.

Given that a significant amount of money from Haikuware's bounty program (in fact the definitely failed bounties) went to Haiku Inc., thanks are certainly in order. I don't see any kind of statement about the success or general usefulness of the program.

[...]
Since Axel Dörfler was so vocal that the bounties accomplished nothing,
then perhaps he should be honourable and put his money where his mouth
is - donate the proceeds to Haiku Inc.

Yes, and fall on his sword afterward. Oh my...

CU, Ingo