[haiku-inc] Re: Updating the donat-o-meter...

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:32:24 -0400

> I know Karl has previously mentioned a few other things that he
> believes Haiku, Inc. fails at spectacularly,

Hi Urias!

I don't think I ever believed or said Haiku failed spectacularly. I just
disagreed with some decisions made & the way things were run/decided (i.e
in this case). What a boring world it would be if everyone agreed to
everything. I just mention that when you sign up as a director, you have to
be prepared to set time aside for it and make sure your responsibilities
are attended to in a timely manner. Before one says 'well why don't you'. I
don't or won't because I can't commit the time, and don't want to pretend I
do have the time, or let the organization down. I agree, Ryan should get
things on track, and his automated software will probably take a burden off
his back to set aside more time for other treasurer roles - or if there's
still not enough time he can dedicate, then Haiku Inc. may have to look for
a new one. The draft I sent just concerned this issue, because certain
individuals said, well nobody ever steps up, I have never been approached,
etc. Well that's probably because the process isn't transparent enough, and
the information needs to be more visible (frontpage post). The idea of a
volunteer list is good.