[haiku-inc] Re: Updating the donat-o-meter...

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:15:46 -0400

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Ryan. Honestly, I didn't know you were the treasurer.
>
> Maybe nobody has stepped up to the plate because nobody knew help was
> needed. That was my proposition with the draft news item on Haiku's
> frontpage (it's something people actually look at).

You know, I had that thought after sending the email. We could put the
call out, but maybe the need will be less once I finish what I'm
doing.

> I think you've seen enough heat for the next while :-p Really, I think the
> only thing anyone cares about is that that damn donation meter moves
> regularly; your work to automate it would be brilliant.

Yeah, I admit I stopped work on the financial reports a few days ago
to see if it was possible to automate that and I'm really happy with
what I have so far. My code (written in Google Go) successfully
downloads transaction information from PayPal, and a quick summation
shows that the numbers match our existing "Donation Analysis" as well
as what we get from our PayPal CSV file. So this is definitely doable
and I hope to have it working within a week or so. I also plan to have
it run daily.

I'll put the code on GitHub too, as well as my code for the financial
reporting tool I've made (also written in Go.)

--
Regards,
Ryan