[haiku-inc] Re: Updating the donat-o-meter...

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:49:15 -0400

Well the fact is, Haiku Inc. is sitting on ~$25,000 right now. More could
be done. If I had it my way, I'd open four bounties for $5000 (each based
on single GSOC projects that were not completed, or not taken). Even
contract work; as it is now, the money just sits there. I would bet anyone
on this list $500 (and contribute it to Haiku Inc.) that at least one
project would be applied for within 6 months if they were posted to Haiku's
front page.

Nobody even knew there was an extra $10,000 in the pot for half a year.
Haiku just gets older and more irrelevant, but Haiku Inc. could do more to
expedite development. Sorry, that's just how I see it.

--
Karl vom Dorff
BScH Biology (German Minor)