[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: "Humdinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "humdingerb" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:52:39 +0200

Hi!

http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/kits/interface/TabView.cpp#n828

Code is right there. Simple to change however you like.

Not quite so simple, at least to me. I changed line 830 to
frame.right = BControlLook::ComposeSpacing( B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING);

That did increase the formally 1px spacing in front of the first tab,
but still draws the tab itself and its label (and all other tabs) at
the same position.

For what it’s worth I like the New.

I'll be changing all the spacings between window border and contents
to B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING, as that will adhere to the definition of the
constant, as implied by Axel and pointed out by Rene privately.
That of course will give other results when increasing
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING in the future (as tested with the far right
example (32px) [1]), as the space below the buttons at the bottom and
above the tab bar will increase, while the vertical space around the
contents of the tab view will remain at B_USE_DEFAULT_SPACING.

Regards,
Humdinger

[1] http://ctrlv.in/640659
--