[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 22:44:02 +0200

Am 19/09/2015 um 19:44 schrieb Humdinger (Redacted sender humdingerb for
DMARC):

It's not at all to make the GUI flat, but to remove unnecessary
borders. For the originally posted screenshots, I simply moved the
BBox into the window border, eliminating the spacing. Maybe a
middleground would be to do away with the border, but increase the
spacing between contents and window border.

We do have a spacing constant for that space (it's called
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING). Before making any custom changes like this, we
should try to adopt that constant everywhere, so that it would be easy
to change the value to something else.

Am 19/09/2015 um 19:50 schrieb Josh Wright:
With reference to my point about flat vs bas relief, in that latest
image, I would have the text view showing "The quick brown fox..."
appear inset by using a darker background and reversed bas relief
border.

That might look nicer, but the point of the preview is to show the font in its natural environment, ie. on the default background. So it makes sense to keep it the way it is IMO.

Bye,
Axel.