[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: "Humdinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "humdingerb" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 17:03:22 +0200

On 19 September 2015 at 15:28, PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm mot sure which ones are better. I tend to prefer the ones with extra
border but I think it's only because I'm used to seeing them that way.

Yeah, I'm not super sure either for the same reason. However, I like
the tab bar going the whole width very much, so I tend to be in favor
of removing that border. Maybe we could increase the spacing to 1.25 *
DefaultItemSpacing() or something...

Some notes about your screenshots:
- In scrensaver there is a slight offset between the window border and the
tabs, the other preflets don't have this in your screenshots. Adding it will
look better (I don't remember how this is done in the code).

Yes. I saw that and do like it better, too. Can't find the point in
the code though... Should that be automatically done when using
BTabView instead of in the app's code?

- In mouse, you kept the bottom border and made it run on the whole window
width. There is an existing border which doesn't cover the whole width and
probably should. But then, the window looks like a stack of unrelated items,
which is not that good. Maybe there is no need for a border at all in that
case, as there are (currently) no tabs.

In my changes, I always kept the existing BBox etc. and just changed
the .SetInsets() to "-2, -2, -2, spacing" to merge with the window
border. Would that be OK?

Regards,
Humdinger

--