[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: "Humdinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "humdingerb" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:30:01 +0200

On 29 September 2015 at 17:58, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does the same spacing apply that we decided for prefs with a
BTabView, see http://ctrlv.in/641782 ? Red areas are
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING, blue is B_USE_DEFAULT_SPACING.

Since it's called *window* spacing, I would have assumed that this spacing
would, well, be used for the spacing between the window border, and the
contents.
IOW I would assume that the red surrounds the elements, and the blue sits
between the buttons, and the tab view.

There is no tab view...
I may have interpreted the feedback wrong before. In the
old/new/potential screenshot [1], I kept vertically the
B_USE_DEFAULT_SPACING between the tab bar and the window border at the
top, and between the buttons and the separator and the window border
at the bottom. B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING was used horizontally, and between
the controls in the tabview and window borders, tab bar and separator.
Now, with preflets that don't have a tab view, there's no tab bar on
top, the controls thus have their usual B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING to the
top window border.
Putting a tabview-preflet beside a non-tabview-preflet, the different
spacing below the buttons wouldn't look too nice.

I do see that this usage clashes a bit with the naming of those
constants. I can use them stoically how they are named, but that won't
be as visually pleasing (to me).

Regards,
Humdinger

[1] http://ctrlv.in/640659