[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: "Humdinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "humdingerb" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 09:52:23 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm still on this issue and was wondering, if B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING
should be used between every window border and the contents. The
exception is of course if there's a menu bar on top (or a status bar
at the bottom), as the spacing to their border stays "0". But should
that B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING be in that case between the menu bar and the
contents, or would we use B_USE_DEFAULT_SPACING there instead.

See http://ctrlv.in/652831 showing Expander where B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING
(red tinted) is set to 32px just to see what it looks like should we
decide to increase that constant. Is that what would be expected, or
should the top B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING actually be a
B_USE_DEFAULT_SPACING because it isn't really the spacing between
window border and contents (as the menu bar is in between)?

A similar question for tab views. Is the tab bar similar to a menu bar
with regard to its spacing to the upper window border?
See http://ctrlv.in/652837 showing the Locale preflet, again with
increased B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING tinted red. Would you expect the top
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING be between window border and tab bar? Or like
Expander between tab bar and contents?

Regards,
Humdinger

--