[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:23:39 +0000

On 2009-04-25 at 10:30:32 [+0000], Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx> wrote:

> That is nice! This is one of most "significant" parts of interface and
> should be discussed! :-)

Hehe, IMHO it's one of the less problematic area of the interface :D
To stay brief, i have no problems with the current way it's done. While it
might not be the ultimate user interface perfection, it does the job quite
well.

It lays out the two options, understandable in plain english at first
sight, without any indirection and additional thinking needed ("End
session" doesn't mean a lot for a basic user, and we don't have the feature
yet anyway).

The confirmation alert is just a sane precaution, hating it is not an
argument in my book. If it was interupting your workflow, i could
understand, but your are actually ending your current work :)

> 4) it save a miles of mouse movements and thousands mouse clicks! [...]

As a general note, in my humble opinion, this has nothing to do with a
great user interface. It might sound like an obvious heuristic but most of
the time it's good to actually separate things with distance, precise
meaning, and good feedback/confirmations.

Best regards,
Alex