[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

  • From: Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:40:43 -0400

Hi guys,

So, I will propose something to propose (I hope it won't fall into "glass
elevator" content..)  I just got an idea about this.

Now, the fear, as I understand it is to press by mistake on an item and we
also don't want an alert asking us to confirm..?

Ok, let say we have a submenu (End session, or whatever else label would be
more significant) and we have the items (reboot, shutdown)..

If we did a simple "press and hold 3 seconds" rule on the menu item with a
progress bar displayed in the background of the item as you held it?  Or
maybe rather than a progress bar, it can be a "clock" running for a full
circle as a icon at the left of the label.

I think it would feel like an electronical device you have to hold some
button to turn it off.. and give you time to change your mind somewhat..

What do you think?

Philippe