[haiku-development] Re: The ways of Reboot. Acknowledge or not?

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:05:12 +0200 CEST

Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> locking the screen can be handled with the
> screensaver preferences and using an
> activation corner.

I prefer not to use screen savers, chosing
just blackness and power saving, if I have to.

I find locking the screen crucial, especially
at work, and I´d rather have an explicit and
direct way to lock the computer, a way which
isn´t tied to screensaving. A screensaver
activation corner doesnt fit my preferences.

(Too vague/fuzzy and with unwanted side effects
when tossing the pointer the wrong way.)

(Maybe I´m one of the last few who turn their
computer off instead of just leaving them on
indefinitely. I do it at work too even though
it takes 15 min for the Core 2 Duo(!) to become
usable after bootup.)

/Jonas.