[haiku-development] Re: RoundRect ButtonFrame

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:38:10 -0400

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd think it was far more important to get a *really* stable system *first*,
> before thinking about prettyfying it.  We need a scheduler that
> doesn't priority-invert, for instance (hopefully nearly there on that one).
> And we shouldn't even think of making any changes that might break
> current apps.

That's a false equivalence at best ; that makes the assumption that
any time spent on other things is time not being spent on the critical
issues, which isn't the case. The number of people on the Haiku team
who can work on kernel issues is comparatively much smaller than the
number of people who work on things in userland. As such, John working
on changing the look of the buttons a bit isn't taking away time that
could be spent on the priority inversion problem (or any of the other
kernel/stability problems), since he wouldn't be working on that
anyways. Everyone works on the things that they're able to and that
interest them, we're not all interchangeable as far as tasks go.

Regards,

Rene