[haiku-development] Re: RoundRect ButtonFrame

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:56:45 +0000

John Scipione wrote:

I noticed, download it and built it, one thing I wanted to do was to
make the BBitmap scaling work better, but, I gave up. But, hey, I
tried. I was thinking of using ThemeManager as a basis for a new
Appearance preferences panel. I think the current one is not very user
friendly and should be tucked away into an "Advanced" button, or just
scrapped. I also would like to make more of the color settings work
since many of them are broken. IMHO there are too many though, there
should just be a couple of choices of colors and everything else
should derive from that. It would be nice if text color was either
black or white and detected based on the background color instead of
setting it manually. I know that I've seen some code somewhere that
does that.

John Scipione

A few prebaked well thought out color schemes, would be better for 90% of users, with a advanced option for tweakability. imho.

Sean