[haiku-development] Re: RoundRect ButtonFrame

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:47:32 -0400

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the non-rounded buttons and menus look crisper. The more so the
> smaller the buttons become, see the Keymap prefs in your screenshot.
> Though I already have a relatively high DPI setting with 1680x1050 on a
> 15,4" panel, I think rounded controls may need a much higher resolution
> to start looking good. Maybe one day we'll all have "retina"
> displays...
> Imagine really discernable icons in list mode. Like 32x32 icons being
> as big on the screen as 16x16 today...

I don't see how buttons with rounded corners on Haiku need a high DPI
display but their counterparts on Windows and Mac OS X and Linux and
Zeta do not… Rounded corners are apparent on todays displays. But, I
can accept that you simply like the rectangular buttons better.

Thank you for your input,

John Scipione