[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:05:57 -0500

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would this allow for porting the google v8 javascript engine ? becuase that
> could bring a very real performance improvement to webpositive.

They aren't related all that much really. Updating our JSC to the
latest code and getting the JIT working would bring massive speed
improvements, and that is not including turning on caching again. Plus
using a proper HTTP backend instead of Curl, etc, etc...

Though porting V8 to Haiku would not be a terrible thing and may not
be that hard since it is already being used outside Chrome, most
notably in Node.js.

--
Regards,
Ryan