[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:41:27 +0100

Am 23.02.2012 01:28, schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
Since I started poking "delicate" matters already, I guess I can throw in my
opinion about Qt and Haiku's native API. I think we should consider Qt as
base of the Haiku R2 API, replacing most of the Be/Haiku C++ API. Haiku
specific extensions (like support for extended attributes) could be
implemented on top of it or directly in the standard Qt classes.

There are a whole bunch of reasons for such a move.
[...]

Another argument in favor is that this work is already pretty far along. The port exists and works, it would just have to be improved and integrated better, removing any not actually required, additional layers step by step. It can happen in parallel until the switch is flipped...

Best regards,
-Stephan