[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: lodewijk andré de la porte <lodewijkadlp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:11:55 +0100

You'd likely only notice the availability of Firefox. I agree we need some
method to the madness and not throw out any competitive edge.

Fact remains being compatable with linux gives us centuries of programmer
time worth of programs. If we could run Wine we get a shot at Windows
programs too. It's a hard thing to pass up.

We should strive to get Haiku end user ready ASAP. That said we must
maintain a pure, complete and "native" structure which hacks and non native
applications can route around for specific tasks.